Uploading material to the Website
- Information about us
- The Website is operated by C.A.R.L. Communications Limited ("we", "CARL Communications", "us" or "our"). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number: 03406469 and our registered office is 84 Beal Lane, Shaw, Oldham, Lancashire OL2 8PH. Our VAT number is 693 5149 06.
- Accessing the Website
- Each registration is for a single user only. CARL Communications does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other user.
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to Registered Users. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- Use of the Website
- You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or otherwise is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below;
- to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree not to:
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Website, equipment, network or software owned, used or operated by us in the provision of the Website or on which the Website is stored.
- Content Standards
- The following content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Website ("contributions").
- Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted and be relevant to the matter of the Website.
- Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is threatening, abusive, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, invades another's privacy, promotes sexually explicit material, any alleged activity, violence or discrimination of any nature, or which may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, harassment, upset, embarrassment, alarm or distress to any other person; or
- infringe or be likely to infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or
- be likely to deceive any person; or
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they emanate from us if this is not the case.
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out above. You warrant that any such contribution is your own original work, complies with our content standards and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and you agree to fully indemnify and hold us harmless for any breach of this warranty.
- Any material you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and by submitting material to the Website you agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use such material. We will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- The Website is not moderated by us and we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
- We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our content standards.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- [You are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website for your own use on the following basis:
- paper or digital copies of any materials printed off or downloaded must not be modified in any way;
- any illustrations, photographs, videos, audio sequences or any graphics shall not be used separately from the corresponding text; and
- CARL Communication's copyright and trade mark notices and those of any identified contributors as the authors of such material and this permission notice must appear in all copies.
Provided always that you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us].
If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
[Subject to clause 6,] no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
Links to and from the Website
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly transmitting, sending, uploading or introducing any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of any software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Any links to other websites and resources on the Website provided by third parties are provided solely for your information only. If you use these links, you may leave the Website. We have not reviewed these websites and have no control over and are not responsible for these websites, their content, or their availability. We do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the other websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You may link to our homepage provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the homepage of the Website, and subject to the following:
We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in clause 8.2 without notice and to take any action we deem appropriate.
You shall fully indemnify CARL Communications for any loss, damage or liability suffered or incurred by CARL Communications or any of its group companies for breach of clause 8.2.
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the our logo;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
- you do not in any way imply that CARL Communications is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with CARL Communications nor present any other false information about CARL Communications;
- you do not otherwise use any trade marks displayed on the Website without express written permission from CARL Communications;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you;
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, or infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person;
- your website complies with our content standards and otherwise complies with all applicable laws and regulations;
- you do not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- the immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website;
- the immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach or any other further legal action;
- the disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- While CARL Communications endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. We may make changes to the material on the Website, to the products and prices described in it and any services offered by it, at any time without notice.
- The material on the Website is provided on an "as is" "as available" basis, without any guarantees, conditions, warranties as to its accuracy and it is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance may be placed. Any material on the Website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Accordingly, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we and other members of our group of companies and connected third parties, expressly exclude:
- all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on materials on the Website by any visitor to the Website or anyone who may be informed of its contents;
- all conditions, warranties, guarantees and other terms (including without limitation the conditions implied by satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which might otherwise be implied.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
Information about you and your visits to the Website
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- When using the Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We may contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on the Website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting the Website.